Lead. Motivate. Empower.
At Ignite Athlete we aim to support and empower female athletes in sport to optimise their athletic performance and achieve their sporting goals.
We want to help you become faster. We want to help you become stronger. We want to help you break records, be that your own personal best or world records!
With female participation and leadership in sport on the rise, we want to change the narrative surrounding women in sport.
Did you know?
- Only 34% of all participants in sports and exercise science studies were female1
- Only 6% of sports and exercise science studies were conducted exclusively female1
- 0.6% of sports and exercise science studies which included only men were conducted male specific topics, meaning that 99.4% of studies could have included female athletes1
This means sportswomen are massively unrepresented in sports and exercise research suggesting that most advice about training, nutrition and athletic performance may not be entirely relevant or applicable to women.
Ignite Athlete has been designed to combat this disparity by providing female athletes with quick and easy access to sex-specific research and guidelines based on female physiology.
At Ignite Athlete we aim to:
- Educate female athletes, coaches and their support team with specialised evidence-based information on topics relating to their health and athletic performance
- Support female athletes to reach their full potential
- Encourage female athletes become leaders in the sport and exercise space
Whether you are a recreational athlete or an elite level sportswoman, Ignite Athlete is a space full of trusted, evidence-based information to care for your health and boost your athletic performance.
It takes a community.
Ignite Athlete celebrates and respects diversity and is fully committed to inclusion. This is how we build our teams, cultivate our leaders and care for our athletes.
Ignite Athlete is an initiative of City Fertility, Australia’s largest IVF group on a global platform. With 14 clinics, over 70 consulting rooms and over 60 fertility specialists nationwide, they are passionate about women’s health. To learn more about City Fertility and their network of fertility brands, visit their website
1 Cowley, E. S., Olenick, A. A., McNulty, K. L., & Ross, E. Z. (2021). ‘Invisible Sportswomen’: The Sex Data Gap in Sport and Exercise Science Research.